10K gold is pure gold alloyed with other metals.  The karat refers to the percentage of pure gold (24K) contained in a piece of jewelry.  In the case of 10K gold, pure gold accounts for 41.7% of the weight of the item.  The remaining 58.3% is made up of other metals such as copper and silver which add color and strength to the gold and make it suitable – and affordable – for use in jewelry.

In the United States, 10K gold is the lowest karat of gold legally acceptable for gold jewelry.  Since gold is a precious metal signifying its historic and actual rarity, the amount of actual gold contained in a piece of jewelry effects its scrap gold value and price.  The price GoldFellow® pays for 10K gold is lower than the price paid for higher karat gold which contains more of the precious metal.

Items which are 10K gold may be marked 10K or .416.  cash for gold buyer GoldFellow® purchases gold jewelry as scrap which means we melt and refine the gold back to its pure state.  The prices GoldFellow® paid for pieces of 10K gold jewelry are displayed in GoldFellow®’s “Gold Payments Gallery”.  The Gold Payments Gallery is an interactive tool allowing consumers to click on categories of jewelry items like earrings, bracelets and class rings and view hundreds of photographs of items purchased by GoldFellow®.  Consumers interested in the value of an item of 10K gold can peruse the photos and see items marked 10K gold, along with the weight and price paid for the item.